How do I get pictures from a broken phone to computer?
I have broke the screen on my Samsung S4 , its totally blank now, but when I plug my phone in the laptop via USB it says there’s no pictures on my phone? Its only the screen that is broken and I never had the pictures saved on a memory card just on my phone. Quite annoyed as I have pictures of my little boy on it!
Then how to recover data from dead android phone internal memory? Any ideas welcome
Chances are you may drop your phone resulting with screen cracked. Phone screens are made out of glass it will obviously break easy. You can replace it with a new phone if the price for broken screen is high. Even so, what you’re wondering is your precious data like photos, videos, contacts and other files on it. With the unresponsive broken screen, how to get access phone with broken screen from PC and retrieve pictures from a broken phone?? Then in the article, we’ll discuss the data recovery / transfer issue for dead broken phone.
Generally speaking, all Android phones uses an external Micro SD card where pictures are saved to. If your pictures and files are saved on the SD card, you can transfer the pictures to computer easier with the following methods:
1. If your PC has a SD card reader, you can simply insert the micro SD card into the SD card adapter, then insert the adapter card into the computer’s SD slot.
2. You can get your friend’s phone as an assistance. Simply turn off her/his phone, then replace the micro SD card with yours. Turn on the Android phone and connect it to the computer. After connection, choose the the option to use the Android phone as a “disk drive” or “storage device” so that you can access the SD card as an external hard drive.
However, many Android users save pictures and files on the phone internal memory instead of SD card. Then it’s difficult to get pictures off a android phone that wont turn on or with broken screen unless you use some recovery software that is specially designed for broken phone.
Recover data from dead Android phone internal memory
Android Broken Data Recovery is the 1st data retrieval software for broken Android device. It can help you get access your damaged Android phone and get files back, no matter your phone screen is cracked, USB debug could not be enabled, screen is locked with forgotten password, or touch screen with no response.
- This broken Android recovery software empowers you to retrieve your precious data, like contacts, messages, photos, videos, documents and more.
- Scan your Samsung Galaxy phone/tablet, get pictures and file from internal memory and SD card on the broken device.
- Retrieve photos, video, audio and documents from broken Samsung Galaxy device and save onto your computer.
- Export contacts and messages in CSV, HTML, VCF formats to computer.
- Compatible with Samsung Galaxy devices including Galaxy S series, Galaxy Tab, and Galaxy Note series.
Now just download the free trial version of this broken screen phone recovery software, and follow the steps below to get access data on your broken phone and transfer them to your computer.
Step 1. Run the software and connect your Samsung phone with broken screen
After downloading and launching the program on your computer, connect your damaged Android phone (cracked screen, water-damaged, or black screen) to computer via USB cable.
From the toolkit the program provides you, select Data Extraction (Damaged Device) to move on.
Step 2. Choose the situation that match your phone state
There are two kinds of fault for Android device, which are “Touch does not work or cannot access the phone”, and “Black/broken screen”. As your phone is broken, just click the later one and continue to the next step.
Now proceed on the new window, where you should choose the correct device name and device model for your phone. After that, click on Next to move.
Please make sure you have chosen the right device name and device model for your Android phone. The wrong information may lead to bricking your phone or any other errors. In case the information is correct, manually type in the word Confirm in the box that appeared and continue the data recovery.
Step 3. Enter Download Mode on the Android phone
OK, now let’s follow the guide to enter your Android device into the Download Mode.
- First, power off your broken Android phone.
- Then press and hold Volume “-“, “Home” and “Power” button on the phone.
- At last, press “Volume +” button to enter download mode.
Step 4. Analyze and scan the Android broken phone
Once your phone is set in Download mode, the android broken screen data recovery begins to analyze the phone and download the recovery package.
Step 5. Retrieve data and transfer photos from broken phone to computer
When the analysis and scanning completes, all files will be found and displayed in the result window. You can preview the photos and files and check those you want to get, and click Recover button to save them to your computer.