How can I bypass the previous owners password on my iPad?
I bought a second hand iPad 4th gen the other day. It looked to be ready for me to set up the iPad, but when I got home to try it, there was a screen saying, “This iPad is currently linked to an Apple ID (Sfirstname.lastname@example.org). Sign in with the Apple ID that was used to set up this iPad.” So my question is, how can I get by this? I don’t have the sellers information, so I can’t contact him.
For some cases, people need to active iPad without Apple ID account and password. Chances are you might haven’t used your Apple ID for a long time and can not remember your Apple ID and its password which are linked to your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. Or you just purchased a second hand device from eBay or other non-official source. And the previous user left their Apple ID and you need to reset iPad without Apple ID.
It’s possible to reset your iPad/iPhone/iPod touch without Apple ID, just by entering your iPad into DFU mode. To do this, you should make sure FIND MY IPHONE IS OFF.
How to Reset iPad Without Apple ID and Password when Find My iPad is off
First, Start with putting your iPad into DFU mode.
DFU Mode allows you to update firmware and iOS without entering your Apple ID. Follow the below instructions steps by steps to enter into DFU mode and reset your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to Factory defaults without Apple ID.
How to enter DFU mode:
1. Start iTunes on your computer and plug in your iPad with a USB cable.
2. After that, turn off your device by holding down the On/Off button on top of your iPad and and swiping the slide to power off.
3. Then hold the power button for 3 seconds.
4. Continue holding the power button and also hold the Home button for 10 seconds. When the Apple logo disappears, you can release the Power button.
5. When iTunes detects your iPad in recovery mode, you can release the Home button. And click OK to move on.
6. Then follow the steps on iTunes. When you get the window to let you restore your device, please click on Restore iPad. Before of that, you should make a backup because all stuff would be erased and wiped.
Then you’ll be notified after the reset and your device will take a restart. You can start to follow the guide to reset your iPhone without Apple ID.
You should have been told that hard reset will wipe all data and settings of your iPad. I bet you don’t want to lose those might be precious files like photos, contacts, messages and more. If you have to restore your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to factory settings when forgetting your Apple ID and password, you need to retrieve the lost data with the help of a professional iOS data recovery software.
How to Recover Lost Data from iPad After Factory Reset?
iOS Data Recovery empowers Apple iOS device users to retrieve lost files through 3 ways: directly scan iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and get lost files back, extract iTunes backup file and selectively restore your iPad; download and scan iCloud backup file to recover data your iPad easily.
- Simple process, highest recovery rate.
- Recover data from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, iTunes backup and iCloud backup.
- Preview and selectively restore data to your device.
- Retrieve messages, notes, call log, contacts, photos, videos, Facebook messages, WhatsApp messages and more.
Supports iPhone 7(Plus), iPhone 6s(Plus), iPhone SE and the latest iOS 10 fully!
1. Selectively restore iPad data from iTunes backup
If you have synced your iPad with iTunes previously, you can extract the data from iTunes backup and selectively restore what you want to your device.
Fire up the software after installing it, then choose “Recover iOS Data”.
then choose recovery mode “Recovery from iTunes Backup File”. The program will show you the iTunes backup files of your devices. Select the one you need and click on Start Scan to begin scanning and extracting the content.
When the scan is complete, the data will be displayed in the window as below. Now you can just select particular the files you want and click Recover to Device to restore data to your iPad.
2. Retrieve Lost Data from iCloud Backup
Switch to “Recover from iCloud Backup File” mode after launching this iOS data recovery software. Then plug in your iPad and sign in iCloud by entering iCloud account and password.
Now you need to download iCloud backup files which are list on the primary window of the software.
After the scan, you can preview all the data in the backup file one by one. Then just check the items you want and click Recover button to save them back to your computer or just restore to your device.
3. Directly Scan Your iPad and Retrieve Lost Data
Chances are many users don’t back up data until find their data has been erased after hard reset. Then you can still try to scan your device and retrieve these lost data, via this iOS data recovery tool.
Plug in your iPad after launching the software on your computer. The program will automatically detected device and show the categories you can choose to scan out.
Now just select the file types and click on Start Scan button to begin scanning your iPad.
When the scan process is over, you can preview the found data and recover those you want to get.